Friday, March 20, 2009

Finding joy in the climb of our mountains

Do you ever get in a daze while driving and get lost in the lyrics of songs. It doesn't happen to me a lot but today it did. I was driving home from the store and this new Miley Cyrus song was playing on the radio... The Climb.
OK I am so turned off by Miley right now but for some reason this song really hit hard. It even brought tears to my eyes. It made me realized that there will always be a hill or a mountain to climb, there will be uphill battles to overcome and sometimes in my life I will lose and that is OK. It doesn't matter why you are climbing or what is waiting for you on the other side... what really matters... Is The Climb, enjoy life and the journey you are on. The last conference President Monson gave a talk on Finding Joy in The Journey... Maybe that is what I will focus on this next week!

Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.
President Thomas S. Monson



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too, am a little annoyed with Miley Cyrus...my girls are OBSESSED!! But, I do LOVE that song...it is one of those that makes you stop and think...and I do love a song that makes you think about your life! LOVE it!

Mandie said...

Have to agree with you and Jaclyn. Love the song makes you realize alot. Love the new background.

Judi said...

LOVE this song!!
great post Shayna~thanks♥

Chris said...

I just added this song to my playlist! ♥ it! Not a huge fan of Miley...but am lovin' this song! Miss you!

Jenn said...

Not a fan of her at all. BUt this is the first time that I have heard this song and I have to say that I love it! How true there will always be another mountain. Seems liek as soon as we climb one there is another. But isnt this what life is all about? He never said it would be easy only that it would worth!

Thanks for sharing Shayna. I wish my posts could be as insightful as yours always are!

Love you

David and Melissa Belnap said...

K...so I am not a fan either, but I have never heard that song before, and it really is a good one!! I always wonder when the climbing part pays off ya know?? Then when your trial is all over, you look back and think that it wasn't too bad!!
Thanks for this Shayna...i needed some perspective!!!