These are cute!!!
Derek's birthday is coming up and he is wanting a LEGO party.
I have struggled trying to find a way to make his
invitations. You would think they would make a standard
invitation that was cute. Any of you that is thinking
about throwing a LEGO party just know that they don't!!!
So I came up with this invitation with the help of my dear friend Jenn!
(Thanks Jenn)
This is what we came up with!!!
Stay tune to the Birthday cake that I THINK I can make!!! I found this picture on the internet and thought it was adorable!!!
I am pretty sure it is made with Fondant... which I have NO CLUE on how to do so I will just be using buttercream froasting. If any of you have any thoughts are ideas on how to conquer this task I would appreciate it! I may have bit off more than I can chew but it will be fun to at least try. The circle of the lego is made from DingDongs!
I thought it was cute and I am sure Derek will love it!!!
Photos of the finished product will follow. If you dont see picture in the next two weeks you know that it was a flop!!!


4 comments:
everything is so cute!!! The invites are so fun! Good luck with that cake let me know if you need help
I love love love the card... I am sad to say I will never have a Lego party in this house :(
I love the cake as well and it will be easy to do... Fondant isn't that hard to work with... My SIL makes cakes for a living... If you decide it's too much work, I can give her a call :)
So I was thinking that Ding Dongs would be too big...what about Oreos??
That is going to be great!! You know how butter cream doesn't smooth out too well..you should use frosting tips to frost with. I have some if you want to borrow.
i got the invatation and they are cool
Post a Comment