We celebrated Derek's 9th Birthday on Monday but his is really today. In our family we only have friend birthday parties in thier even birthday. So this year it was just with family. But you might ask who are those two boys that aren't family well Derek informed me that the Brannelly's are really family and it would be rude not to invite them. So how could I resist!!! For his birthday he really really wanted a "GEAR" bike but when we went birthday shopping he found these ramps that he really really wanted. Isn't that typical of kids. So we went ahead and bought him the bike and his with his Grandparents money that he gets ... they bought the ramp. So thank you Grandma Black and Grandpa Black! He loves them.
Well since I could't wrap the bike and ramps we sent him on a scavenger hunt. He thought that was a blast!!!
Well since I could't wrap the bike and ramps we sent him on a scavenger hunt. He thought that was a blast!!!
Can you see his excitement!!!
Now this cake is a story of itself. I asked a week or so ago what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, expecting some kind of a theme cake. His response was... I want a chocolate cake with cherries and whipping cream. I thought that was hilarious coming from a 9 year old. So in my mind I came up with this cake that you would see at a WOMANS TEA PARTY. So I proceeded to make it. With different layers and cherries and cream. I was pretty proud of myself but actually it was really really easy.
You should have seen Derek's eyes when he saw his cake for the first time. It was a state of shock. I asked him if it was ok and if it was what he was expecting and his response was...
"Well it is what I asked for BUT 53% better!"
I thought it waas funny that is was right to the percentage! Funny kid.
It wouldn't be a "HAPPY" birthday without LEGOS!!!
Thanks Grandma Fisher
Hope your birthday was a fantastic one!
Thanks for all you do for our family! You are a AWESOME younger brother and a FANTASTIC older brother.
Thanks for making us laugh and bringing such a joy into our family!!!
WE LOVE YOU BUD!!!!


1 comment:
Cute kid!! Happy B-day!! The cake looks great!!! Glad the pans worked!
Post a Comment