Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hard work and dedication....

Well I am not sure if I told you or not... but January 1st a couple of girls and I started our New Years Revolutions...DON'T LAUGH.

We even went as far as to take before pictures of us! That was a lot of fun. When I got the pictures emailed to me at first I was mortified... never will I look like that again. Then I had to remind myself that you want the before pictures to look as bad as possible. We were even laughing when we were taking them that we should take all our make-up off and not smile. You know the pictures I am talking about!!! We even had to remind ourselves not to suck our stomachs in... we have been doing it for so long. We didn't know how not too! That is sad...

Well weigh in was today and I am proud to admit that I am down

6 lbs.

I got on the scale and I was sooooo excited! I am back into the routine and the enjoyment of running! I asked Cameron why I ever stopped! It is relaxing, great time to meditate and I feel good! I have a bum hip and ankle but watching the biggest loser... if they can do it! I can do it! I will work through the pain! Wish me luck!!!
Disneyland is coming up soon and I am a little nervous! If anyone has any suggestions on dieting while on vacation let me know!

9 comments:

Russ and Jamie said...

that's awesome!! You need to post that on the junk food junkie and let us know what you are doing. Way to go!!!!!!
Jamie

Judi said...

Great job, my first weigh in is tomorrow...I need some of your mojo though! I can't get my butt moving...

Anonymous said...

great job shayna!! I have been feeling the need to diet a little too....havne't really done anything about it...but THINKING about it is one step closer right?!!?
when are you guys going to Disneyland?? We are headed over that way ourselves too...wouldn't it be funny if we were going over there the same time?!!?

Anonymous said...

GREAT job but I dont know where you had the 6 lbs to lose?? In the photos I see of you I dont see any fat on you!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

You are the woman!! Every other womans inspiration!! Good Luck!

Kim N said...

That is great! I have slowly started too, but my progress hasn't been as noticeable. I am down two pounds though and at least the needle is going in the right direction! Keep it up!

susette said...

Are you driving to Disneyland? Take lots of things to do to keep your hands busy. That's what I do to help keep my hands out of the goodies. Drink lots of water. Then when you have to stop at all the rest stops to potty, jog around the parking lot or sidewalk. My kids think I super silly when I do this. It keeps me motivated for a few more miles to stay out of the goodies.

Chris said...

You go girl!! So proud of you! I've been doing those walking videos {seems more like marching to me} but it gets me movin' ~ and kicks my butt! And I never go on vacation so I have no advice!! But you'll do great!!

Edna said...

Congratulations! There are plenty of us getting started once again ... now we just need to make it habits we never break!