OK for the past several months maybe even a good year or so I have been hearing about how you can save tons with coupons. I see it on the TV... and I also know that there are classes our there that are offered! Well I finally have figured out that I want to get on the savings that is out there. I have talked with a girl at work and she has steared me in a direction of kinda knowing what I am doing. She is thinking about having a class and having people over so we can all figure it out together. I have been given several websites to go to and follow and I have added a couple of blogs that I will follow to help we out with this venture. I know I need to get the Sunday paper to make it worth my time. I have been shown how to organize the coupons and how to price match. Now the issue is just doing it! Getting over my fears of being the"COUPON LADY"
I use to hate those ladies that you get behind and after their stuff is rung through they bring out their bag of coupons. I would think to myself... "here we go with the coupons, why do I ALWAYS pick the longest and slowest check out line. I need to get to the point of thinking "who cares!!!" I am saving a penny and people can just wait while I do it. OK now the reason for this post... is there anyone out there that takes advantage of the coupon system. I would love to get your comments with your suggestion, tips, ideas and hints! Tell me your successes... because that will motivate me!


4 comments:
My system is not so great. If I see a coupon of an item I use then I will save it. I don't normally purchase items if they have coupons promoting it. And then a lot of times I will forget to even use the coupon I cut out. Pretty lame on my part.
Good luck and enjoy this new adventure!
Check this blog out - not sure if you already have this one or not - but I like it
http://krazycouponlady.blogspot.com/
okay, so here is the deal.... i have been "couponing" for almost a year now and I LOVE IT! Chris Houghton (who used to be in our ward before the split) taught me how. I use the website Pinchingyourpennies.com. They match up current coupons with store ads and show and do the math for you. They also give every item a star ranking so you know how good of a deal it is. There is a lot of info that I would be happy to share with you. My sis in law and I actually teach classes on it from time to time. And with the barcodes that are on coupons now it is a lot easier to check out. I should do a post on my blog all about it. But just to give you an idea. Last week I spent $35 on groceries and save $68. It has really helped our family and food storage. Sorry such a long comment:)
I have done couponing. I'm not as into as I was, but mostly from laziness and not seeing the deals that work for our family. There can be a lot of great deals out there. Once I walked out of Walgreens with like 3 or 4 deodorants and paid a quarter. Just don't get caught up in the "its a great deal so I'll buy it". I did that with several things and never used it and it went bad. It can be fun when you get deals like the one I mentioned. Good luck.
Post a Comment