Wednesday, July 8, 2009

9 months..... a long time

I am around the 8th week mark....
(will find out more next week at my appointment)
Today I asked my mom why it has to be
9 months?
9 months is a long time especially with my mind a racing!
Did anyone else have all these unsettling thoughts...
***Oh I hope my baby is developing correctly?
***With a side pain I think I am having an Ectopic Pregnancy!
***I have abdominal tenderness and it freaks me out!
***When does the breast tenderness go away already?
***I haven't had much morning sickness... am I really pregnant?
***Woke up with a sore throat and the body aches, what can I take?
***People say I will be a good mother, but can I really do it?
I can go on and on and on....
AWWWWWWWWW...
Is this normal or am have I turned into a overreacting pregnant woman?
I thought that I would document a lot of my thoughts and feelings while pregnant just so I can look back years from know and remember what I was thinking and feeling during this amazing process!
These post are more for me... but if you would really like to see what is inside my head and heart you are more than welcome...
Leave comments, any experiences you have had I would love to hear!!!

5 comments:

Kali said...

I had to laugh a little when I read that because you basically just described me. I think I come up with something that worries me every single day. and 9 MONTHS! seriously....its like the longest time ever. But congrats! I'm really happy for you!

Amy said...

I felt the same way!! Especially up until the first Dr. visit! Don't worry...you're being such a good mom by worrying so much already!!

Love ya!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Oh Shayna....you are TOTALLY normal!! I think every pregnant woman has all of those thoughts! And yes, 9 months is a very long time....but I think once you see the ultra sound...and see its little heart beat, you will feel better. I did! I assume the abdominal pain is normal....I had it. I had all sorts of wierd pains and stretchy feelings...I was a total paranoid woman and I called my doctor about EVERY little thing....and he said that pains and things are pretty normal just because things are stretching and growing and getting ready for things. The breast tenderness I am afraid doesn't go away....and sorry to say but it just gets worse when there is a little person gnauging on them! Ahhhh...the joys of mother-hood! You will be WONDERFUL at it!! I know it is hard, but try not to stress too much about it. You will feel much better next week! Sorry about the novel....I just know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I think the anxiety is even worse when you have worked so hard to get pregnant.....so relax, you sound normal! Love ya! Keep me posted!

Amy T said...

Oh my gosh. You are pregnant!!! I am sooo excited for you. I have worked in L&D for over 3 years now. I thought that would help me with the anxiety. Nope, not a bit, I felt like a total basket case. And I was always asking a zillion questions. I felt like putting myself in a bubble. When we would ride in the truck on a bumpy road I almost gave myself charlie horses in my bum from squezing my butt cheecks together cause I was so worried I would miscarry because of the rough ride. It is a fetching long time 9 months when you are pregnant. That is great to journal your feelings cause you really do forget these crazy thoughts and feelings. Good luck. P.S this just reminded me about Mikah. I'll just email you. Tell her sorry I forgot to get back to her.

Stacey said...

I had the same thoughts while I was pregnant, I didn't have much morning sickness throughout most of my pregnancy - which was nice. I didn't care for the times I was sick. But I had the same feelings and worries, etc. You're going to be great! I'm so excited for you!! Love you tons!