Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Derek and his special day....

Derek's Baptism
I can't believe that Derek got baptized
December 5, 2009
I wish I had better pictures and more of them, BUT...
I had a small fall a couple of weeks ago taking a family picture and I wasn't the only one the hit the cement. So did my camera. It hit the ground really hard and the casing broke and I have just been waiting for the day for it to stop working. Well, it had to wait until the day I wanted some special pictures and that would be at Derek's Baptism.
I am just lucky that my dad had his cell phone and we figure out how to get those pictures transferred!!

Picture of Dad and Derek before he got Baptized.

Here is a one with me in it... I am sad that we didn't get one with Courtney and one with Derek in his suit.

I am so proud of Derek and the decision that he made to be baptized. I knew it was going to be an emotional day when I say Derek walk around the corner and I saw him in his new suit that we got him for his birthday. The tear gates opened!!! It was amazing to watch Cameron and Derek walking into the water. Once again tears came... Then Derek asked me (the PREGNANT MOM) t0 talk about receiving the Holy Ghost. Yep, you guessed it... not only did the tears came but I bawled! I was so grateful that Derek asked me to be part of his special day. He is such a special guy and I am so grateful that he is in my life!!! It will be a day that I will never forget!The spirit was so strong. It is always amazing how strong the spirit is at those baptisms.

After the baptism we had a luncheon for family and friends. I want to thank all who came and supported Derek on his special day.

Sunday night after all the family left and we were able to settle down and just talk about what he experienced. I asked him if he felt different and he said that cutest thing...

"Yep, and I think I even sound different" I didn't know that one of the effects of the Holy Ghost was a deeper voice!

3 comments:

seananddiana said...

That's really cute! Hallie is about a year and a half away from her baptism. It was really fun to visit with you and your family!

Tracy Anderson said...

It is extra special to have your own son get baptized. My oldest just got baptized on Dec 5th too. It was amazing. I loved Derek's quote about the Holy Ghost...that is priceless!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet and I am glad that you were such a good sport about the camera thing! Seriousely IF I had known I would have run right over and given you my camera...Heck I would have been annoying and taken 10000 pictures! Love you babe!