Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

4th of July was a little different this year.
Cameron's job has been EXTREMELY busy this year so with that comes a lot of late nights and missed events. One of those events this year was going up to Idaho for the 4th. Cole and I didn't want to miss it plus Grandma Black hadn't seen Cole since he was 6wks old. So we braved it together and made the trip without dad.
He was really missed but we still had a great time.
As you can tell from the picture below it was really really really cold this year. This was Cole all bundled up watching the parade. I couldn't believe we were wearing jackets.
AND why do we go to the parade EVERY year and EVERY year we say the same thing...
WHY DO WE GO TO THE PARADE.
There really isn't that much excitement going on in the Idaho Falls 4th of July Parade... but traditions will be traditions and so we go! I am sure it will be the same next year as well.
Here is Cole with his two cousins. Kadee on the left is just one day older than Cole and Anniston on the right is 2 months younger than Cole. From the looks of it, you would think that Cole was two months older than Kadee. He is just getting to be such a big guy! I can't believe how much he has grown!
It was Annistons Baby blessing Sunday and since Cameron didn't come up we all decided to opt out of going to the Green Belt and watch the Melaleuca 4th of July Spectacular... ( THAT ISN'T USUALLY LIKE ME) but without Cameron and I didn't know how Cole would take the noise we decided to just go up to my sisters house and have our own little fireworks there. THANKS BRYANT, you did a great show... I would say it was almost as good as the Melaleuca Spectacular.
Here is Cole with his very first sparkler!!!
Cole loves his GRANDMA... what a cutie!
Me and my little buddy!!!
LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!
Here are all the cousins getting ready to light sparklers!
It isn't the 4th of July without snappers or whatever you call them.
Oooooo.....Awwwww.....Uuuuuu... Good job Bryant! He was a real trooper. He was the only guy there with all the kids and us sisters and mom! Great sport!
The kids were making sure to stay far far far away! They did great
Mabrey burnt her finger on a sparkler and this was her pouting. I thought she looked so cute with pizza all over her face! If you guys haven't heard me before but she totally reminds me of a little WHO girl from WHOVILLE!!!
This is how Cole finished the night! Those fireworks didn't keep his attention! It was past his bedtime. Well this wasn't our typical 4th of it was a fun one anyway! I am just sad that I didn't get a picture with Cole with Dad, Courtney and Derek! FOR SURE next years!!! He might even be able to stay up and enjoy them a little more!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry Cameron didn't make it up with you this year! It looks like a great time though!!!

Amy said...

Oh I forgot...

I love the picture of the three babies!! We have pics like that of me and my cousins...fun to look back at those...your kids will love it too!