Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vocalize your goals....

You are told time and time again, if you want to succeed with a goal to tell someone about it. I am pretty sure most people don't know that for the past year and half Cameron and I have been trying to get into better shape. I have had a trainer and we joined a gym. Things were going good there for a little while. The past 6 months I have been kinda, well I don't want to say lazy because that isn't it... but I haven't been working has hard as I was when we first started. So I have wanted to get my motivation back. Well, yesterday Cameron and I went to the mall. Mainly to get out of the house and walk but Mervyrns has their annual WEEKLY sale and I wanted a couple of new things for spring. Well the clothes I was trying on didn't look like the image I had in my head so I didn't get them. Coming out of the dressing room I came up with this BRILLIANT idea. I was giving myself 8 weeks to loss a certain amount of weight. SO, that brings me to Memorial Day. I told Cameron that if I lost 15 lbs in 8 weeks that I get to go on a shopping spree. Cameron is in on it too. So we both want to loss 15 lbs before Memorial Day. So I have told Cameron but I feel like I need to make myself have to answer to a lot of other people. I am telling you guys... so please be a support to me and help me make this goal. That is just the first goal... I am sure if I make this one I will want to continue on. I will probably have a 4th of July goal and a Labor Day goal. I need to be able to see the little goals to reach my main goal. I will keep everyone informed. If any of you want to join this Memorial Day 15 lbs (or whatever you want to lose) let me know and we can support each other. If you have any advice let me know. I know what I need to do... I JUST NEED TO DO IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You are definitly motivated. I have NO idea where you are going to lose 15 lbs. You are already so skinny!

Diane said...

Shayna & Cameron, I'll join you in your quest for better health!! I will be on crutches for 2-3 weeks and not as active as I'd like to be but I will try really, really hard to reach the same goal! Good luck to all of us! Love you! Diane