Monday, April 7, 2008

Gathering the simple moments...

This whole week I have been reminded about how precious this life is. How often do we tell our family and friends how much they mean to us. It just takes a minute but can make a huge difference in someones life. It is amazing how close many of my friends are distance wise to me but yet I go day to day, week to week, month to month without giving them a simple "HELLO". I will never know how much that simple hello can mean to someone who needs it at that moment. I have been that person that has needed that hello from time to time. I have also given the hello... the rewards on both sides are priceless.
How often do we cherish the alone time we have with a child. This last Sunday I was curled up in the lovesac with Derek. We were watching General Conference and the simple questions he was asking about our beloved new Prophet. I could have passed that moment off as just a moment but thinking back on it, I will cherish that moment for eternity. So simple, so precious, so real... it is those moments that we gather up that make up our lifetime. What kind of moments are we gathering? Don't let a hello or a quick snuggle with a loved one pass by without thanking our Heavenly Father for that moment!

1 comment:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Hi Shayna! Isn't it amazing how at certain moments, little things that you may not pay attention to everyday, can stop you right in your tracks and really make you think? By the way, I think you are just great! I love reading your blog, you always have something inspirational to think about!