Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summertime=T-Ball for Derek...

Derek has been wanting to play T-Ball for the longest time. So we decided to take a break from Karate and let him play T-Ball for the summer. We will be going to his games Tuesdays and Thursdays until the middle of July. These games are hilarious. No keeping score, everyone gets to hit and everyone gets to run the bases. Here are a couple of pictures... of the little slugger..

Very first time up to bat. This kid could hit the ball. He almost line drove (is that what you call in... right into a girl) They better be ready when Derek is up.

This is the famous hit of the night!!!

Running to third base...

Sending a smile our way... He looks adorable in the hat!!!

High Five from his coach after making a great catch and throw to home plate.

He was all over the field tonight... he was even a catcher!!! He didn't really like catching all the much. He said the helmet was too big and it was coving his eyes. He had to keep pushing it up. I think in the picture he was doing that.
A great way to end a great game... TREATS!!!
You can't tell that I am a proud mom or anything. Just so all of you know... I wasnt the only one out there with my camera tonight!
Courtney starts band next week (playing the flute)... she will be the star of next weeks post!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Derek!! Smack one out of the park for me next time buddy,

Uncle Davey

Stacey said...

Way-to-go Derek!! If I can, I'll have to come see a game sometime, that'll be fun!! Luv you buddy!
Aunt Stacey

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Shayna, you are so funny! You are the mom that everyone wished they had(as soon as they see the pictures a few years down the road!)