Two weeks ago I was released as the 7 year old CTR primary teacher. I have had the opportunity to go back into Relief Society. I have been needing this more than anyone will know. I loved my class but it was time for a change. Last week was the President's message. It was something that I really needed to hear. She had a pile of blocks and she had us think of these blocks as our personaly stumbling blocks. We all have them. They can be, parenting skills, personal prayer or scripture study, depression, children, our testimony. They can be anything that we personally are struggling with. So it made me sit and think to myself what are my "stumbling block" in life. It is hard to realize that these blocks are really preventing us from spiritual growth. We all know how it is when we accidentally step on one of our childrens toy blocks. It hurts!!! So when we stumble on our own blocks... it also hurts. It hurts our spirit. Satan knows exactly the path that we are taking and he doesn't want it to be an easy path... he is placing these there for us to stumble and fall. Heavenly Father also knows that we have them... and he lets us fall. It is when we fall and realize we have fallen it takes effort on our part to get up. Our testimony will grow and those blocks will turn into stepping stone. The important part is the we get up. That is also the hardest part. I was able to think of this all week and it has really been a great week. I know my path, I know I have stumbling block, I know my Heavenly Father is there, reaching for my hand to help me up... my testimony has grown and I am making these block into stepping stones that bring my closer to my Heavenly Father.
4 weeks ago



5 comments:
What an amazing post and insite. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the sweet sweet gift you left for me. You are amazing
That is just what I needed to hear. Your the best!
I always get something positive from your posts! Thanks for sharing! You always are doing some inspirational thing that I admire!!
I love Relief Society too. Every week I come away feeling uplifted and feeling happy. I enjoyed your blog and like your site!
Aunt Edna
Hey cute new change to the blog! I like it a lot. How neat you get to spend 4th of July with your family in Idaho.
Post a Comment