Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday BUB!!!

I cant believe my little bub is 7 today.
I dont't know where that nickname came from... I just have called him that for a long time! We had to take a ride up to Roosavelt yesterday and I was looking outside at all the scenary remembering when Courtney and Derek came into my life. I cant believe that Derek was 2!!! He was just a little baby and now he is this sweet, fun, compationate, cute little boy!
I hope he has a great birthday. He was so lucky that he didnt have to go to school today because of UEA!!!
When I made a video for Cameron on his birthday I thought it would be fun to take a lot of the pictures that we took throughout the year and make them a video for each year!
Here is Derek's Video
(The song we used is one of his favorites!! What 7 year old loves RUSH)


Things I love about Derek....

  1. He is kind to everyone
  2. His smile
  3. His amazing blue eyes
  4. His laugh
  5. His williness to learn
  6. His love for me
  7. His love for his family
  8. His hugs
  9. How he snuggles up when he is tired
  10. He minds so well
  11. His love for life
  12. BECAUSE HE IS DEREK!!!
  13. All the questions he asks

I can go on... but I can wrap it up by saying.... I love Derek because he is an amazing kid and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for having him in my life!!!

5 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Happy Birthday Derek!! Has it really been that long??? I love the comparison pictures...it is amazing how much kids change in just 1 year!! Thank heavens the "aging" process slows a bit when you get older!! Wouldn't those be attractive pictures if we changed that much in a year!!:)

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Derek!!

Christy said...

HaPPy BirTHdaY tO DeReK !! Hope you have a haPPy DaY !!

Russ and Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love kids birthdays, I think I enjoy them more than the kids! I think you are a great mom and they are lucky to have you in their life. Call me when you want to workout!
jamie

Stacey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEREK!!! I love you so much!!! Hope it's a great b-day for ya!
Love, Aunty Stacey