Sunday, October 12, 2008

What is the meaning of SPLIT...

Definition of SPLIT:
-To break, burst, or rip apart with force
-To divide, as for convenience or proper ordering
-To divide and share
The reason for this definition is that our ward split today. We got a new bishopbric and there will be HUGE changes in the next couple of weeks! We all knew that the changes and split was going to happen a few months ago and with talking with some friends we were all excited for the split. Well now that it has come and the changes have been made I feel like the first definition... RIP APART WITH FORCE.
I have gotten to be very close to some of the members of the ward that now will no longer be apart of our ward. They are in the process of experiencing changes of their own! I am sooooooo grateful that we are still with many other wondering and amazing people. The bishop that has been called is an amazing man. Both Cameron and I have been wondering if it was him just because of the cars that have been parked around our house! So with this assuming that has been going on I have also been able to think about this man. It didnt take long at all after he was called and sustained today to gain a testimony of him and the power of the priesthood. The mantle has been passed on the church goes forth with no interruptions. That takes me to the second definition... proper order! That is how this church is run... proper priesthood authority and proper order. The amazing men the Bishop has called to be his councelors are also called of our Heavenly Father. I have always looked up to both these men. I am so blessed to be in a ward with such amazing leadership! I know that these men will lead this ward by the spirit. I raised my hand today to sustain these men with that comes the promise to support them.
SO on to the next definition... to divide and share. I guess with the change and split I will share my friend with others that may need them. These friendships have helped me grow so much as a person. They have all helped strengthen my testimony in one way or another. They have offered their shoulder so I can cry... we have experienced laughter, tears, smiles, jokes and just good times. I know that these friendships will NEVER end... so why not share them with others that may need them at this time!
So with the split comes change. I am ready at this point in my life for this kind of change. Change brings growth and growth is what I need! I am excited to serve with the wonderful people of my ward! I am grateful to be in an amazing area surrounded by amazing people!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Good to hear you're ok with the split & excited for new experiences that are ahead. Just remember that the ones that aren't in your ward anymore share the same thoughts as you. They are also going to "share" you with your new ward members for the same reason. You're amazing & have a lot to share :)
~Hugs Christy

susette said...

Let us know what new calling you get. It's always fun to see how they organize those things.

Russ and Jamie said...

Thanks for that, I have felt alot of the same feelings. I am also excited about the changes and ready to serve in our new ward!
Jamie Loveless

Jenn said...

I love you and will not miss you since I will still see you all the time. When President Wilcox spoke at the meeting he spoke of how the church works and how we have to have faith that things are the way they are for a reason. Some reasons we may not understand. We also sang "I'll go where you want me to go" as the opening song. Yes there was humor in that but so much truth as well. Thank you for being such an amazing person and friend. I am so excited for you and what is coming in your life as far as callings. Keep me posted!!!

Robby and Christy said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is struggling to cope with this split. I couldn't stop crying last night. Often times there are friends that you don't get to see through out the week but you rely on seeing their faces at church and it brings a certain comfort to your life. It was hard to see Bishop Thacker realeased because not only was he released as our Bishop but also taken from our ward. I just have this huge pit in my stomach that I hope will go away soon. -Christy

Robby and Christy said...

Okay my last comment sounded totally depressing! What I meant to say is Gooooooo Change! :(

Edna said...

This is a nice post. It is a testimony to the truthfulness of the Gospel that we can accept the changes that come our way and keep moving forward as new leaders are called and we are asked to sustain them. Lynn and I have had many ward splits throughout our lifetime but here is an interesting tidbit. For both of our entire lives we have always lived in the same ward!