Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zumba Addiction.....

Can I have an addition from the first day of trying something out??? If so, then I am addicted! I have seeing this Zumba class at the Rec Center that I go to and it looked really fun. So the other day my friend Amy txted me and asked if I wanted to try it out with her. We went this morning and it was so much fun. If any of you are wanting to switch up your workout routine... ZUMBA is your answer.
If you havent heard about it... here is a definition that I found...
A Zumba workout mixes body sculpting movements with easy-to-follow dance steps mainly derived from Latin music. The routines feature aerobic interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms to tone and sculpt the body. It targets areas such as the gluteals, legs, arms, abdominals, and the heart. Participants do not have to know how to dance to do Zumba. The move combinations and Latin rhythms strive to create a party-like atmosphere - a more "feel happy" workout than may be experienced in other group exercise class types. A Zumba class is typically not formulaic in that instructors often add on their own music choices and choreographies to make their class presentation locally unique.
Who would of thought that I could be a latin dancer... haha (I'm not... you should see me try and keep up)
They said that in a typical class you can burn between 600-1000 calories during a class. The time FLEW by and I had a blast.
THANKS AMY.... I can't wait until Tuesday!


4 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome, sounds fun!

Amy said...

I had so much fun...and my calves are feeling it today!! LOVE it! I can't wait till Tuesday, either!! Hope you had a good Sunday!!

The Batty Bunch said...

I am so impressed!! I have wanted to try Zumba and been absolutely terrified of tripping over my uncoordinated self. I am very proud of u stinking to your workout. :)YEAH SHAYNA!!

Launi said...

Holy cow! I just looked it up on you tube and it is intense!! It looks like you'd get an incredible workout though. For some of us we'd end up in traction!
Cool stuff...