Thursday, August 13, 2009

He/She wants to be heard....

Went to the Dr. today for another months check-up. I was excited for this appointment because I was going to be able to hear the my babies heartbeat. The Dr. came in with the monitor and he wanted to warn me that sometimes the baby is shy and they really don't want to be heard. He was preparing me just in case. Well he put the monitor to my growing belly and immediately I heard the sounds of my little guys heart a racing. He was not shy at all and he wanted him mom to know that he was O.K.! It was a great feeling and one of the most beautiful sounds out there. He also took another ultrasound to verify how long I am. It was hard to see from the last one. With this one he got some great pictures. As we were looking on the screen we both saw this little guy open and close his mouth. It was the cutest thing ever! Here are a couple of pictures the Dr. printed out for me! With this ultrasound it said that I was 6 days further along than the last one but he wanted to keep my due date as Feb. 25th and told me that I will probably go early! That doesn't make me too upset!!!
My baby is, by this time, the size of a lime and weighs 1/2 ounce. (Length: just over 2 inches, head to bottom.)
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. My baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in my baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be.


The things that I have experienced the last couple of weeks have been MILD nausea... which I am so very grateful for. I have had several friends and family tell me to suck on Cinnamon candies. So I went and got me some Cinnamon discs and I am not sure I can really tell a different but they sure are good! YUMMY!!!
I am not as tired as I was the last couple of weeks but something that is changing is this little belly! I used some stretch mark creme/lotion that I friend gave me (thanks Amy) but like her the smell really got to me so I don't think I will be using that again. I went to the store and I found some Curel Pregnancy Lotion that had the some ingredients but not the smell. So I have been using that. I am sure it really doesn't matter what I use if I am going to get stretch marks... I am going to get them! But I might as well try!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! It is amazing how much the baby is growing and developing. Feb 25th will be here before you know it.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Babies are worth every single stretch mark!!!! :)

seananddiana said...

Melissa is right!! Besides, who is going to see your belly anyway?

Chris said...

As crazy as it sounds, I love my stretch marks! They remind me everyday that I carried my four little babies and was able to feel their every move as I watched them and my belly grow! It was awesome!! I am so happy for you!! It's it an amazing journey! ♥ ya!