Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mother/Daughter Night w/ Stake Patriarch


Tonight was Mother/Daughter night at young women's. They invited the Stake Patriarch to come and talk with the girls about Patriarchal Blessings. It was really need to hear what he had to say. The thing that really stood out to me was what he said the very first thing.

WE ARE DAUGHTERS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER...
and he loves each and every one of us.

How many times have I heard that in my lifetime. How many times have I stood in YW's and repeated those words. I have know those words are true but for some reason tonight they really meant something to me.
He talked to the girls about what they needed to do to prepare to receive their blessings, the steps they take and what a Patriarchal Blessing is. I sat there and wondered how long had it been since I read my own blessings. The first thing I did when I got home was pull it out and read it. I remember reading it and it would talk about children and bearing them in health and strength and for the longest time I put in my mind that it meant in the world to come. But just like the scriptures we have to read those blessings often. Those are our own personal scripture and I need to read, ponder and prayer about those blessings that have been given me. What comfort to know that I will bear in health and strength my own child. That phrase means so much more to me know that it ever has. Those blessings are going to mean different things in all the different areas of our lives. I would suggest that if you haven't read your blessing in awhile or if you haven't received your blessing. To do so! The blessings that will come into your life is amazing!!!
What a great experience both Courtney and I had!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Awesome! Juan hasn't had his yet so I hope now that we're in our new ward, he'll get it. I love mine, patriarchal blessings are amazing!! Love ya's!