Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween '09

Halloween '09 at the
HENKE'S
We really wanted to join in the spirit of Halloween this year. So for the past 3 months we have tried to come up with what we were going to be. Well the last 4 wks Cameron has been very dedicated in creating his costume.
He decided that we wanted to be Wolverine from X-Men.
So we got online and found a picture that we wanted to copy with his costume.
We hit the stores trying to find just the right jacket and I called all over Salt Lake Valley to find the CLAWS!!!
Here is the side by side picture of
CAMERON VS. HUGH JACKMAN












He sure had a lot of fun being Wolverine this year. I have to admit he looks just like him. The funny things is he dressed up for our Ward Halloween Party on wednesday and he had to wear these sideburns around town for 3 days. He got many looks but the closer to Halloween it came the more they seemed to fit in.

The funniest thing was that he took Courtney to the Temple Friday night to do some baptisms for Cameron's mom's cousin and we went with those sideburns. He said he got a lot of looks and many laughes and giggles but I am sure he loved ALL the attention.

He had a lot of fun staying in character and scared people, with his Wolverine stare and growl.

The famous CLAWS!!!

I love this picture of MY WOLVERINE!!!

The group picture before me made our rounds to family and friends and then off to the doors for candy.
I even joined into the fun. We tried to figure out what I could be and Cameron came up with Storm... but because I was pregnant I couldnt really go out and do the full costume. We made due with what I had and what FIT!!!
Courtney as a Fairy
Derek as a Motorcross guy!
He has been saving up for his own motorbike. So if there is any of you who knows where we can get a Honda 80... let us know!

We had some friends over... Halloween seems to bring the kid out in everyone!
The kids getting excited to hit the streets!!!
We had a lot of fun this year. We have also come up with our "Family Costume" next year! I have one year to get each costume perfect. It really makes me excited because it also includes this little guy we are patiently waiting for to enter this world!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You all looked great! Can't wait until next year to see your costume's.

Stacey said...

Wow, those are awesome costumes! I can't wait til next year either! I love Halloween!

Chris said...

Love it!! What fun times!!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

CUTE!! Love the costumes!! :)