Monday, March 8, 2010

Dear Cole,

Dear Cole,
Where do I even begin to express my deep love for you. You have been apart of me for the past 10 months and the joy that you have brought into my life is not able to be measured. You see, I accepted my life as it was, a mom but the type of mom that never had the true title. I was happy and content with what Heavenly Father had given me and your dad. We were told that I probably wouldn't have a child of my own and honestly I was ok with that. I put that idea right out of my mind. I accepted the life that we both created and was happy. There were times that I longed to be a mom. There were times that I thought, there is no way I could be a mom. There were times that I thought... I wish someone would call me mom!!! Then, the evening of June 25, 2009 my life changed. That is when dad and I found out that you were going to be coming into our family in just a few short months. I had so many emotions that ran through me. I took those months to prepare a home for you. The love that I started to feel for you was amazing. It was a joy to watch my tummy grow and to feel you move inside me. It made it real, I was going to be a mom. Towards the end I had a hard time waiting for you to be placed in my arms. Every day that passed dad and I would get more anxious! Then in happened, Thursday February 25, 2010 @ 5:26 pm my life changed for forever. You had the most amazing eyes and they were so allert and awake and the way you looked deep into my eyes is something I will never forget.
You have only been home for 12 days but I couldn't imagine my life without you. It makes me realize that Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us. The plan that he has for you and me will be amazing. Thank you for letting me be your mom, thank you for being such a snuggle bug and allow me to take you all in. Thank you for your smile (I know you have smiled at me). Thank you for you love, and thank you for loving me. The journey we have together will be exciting. It will be tough at times but we have to remember to keep the gospel and our Savior close. I love you with all my heart and with every day that passes that love grows more and more.
Be patient with me... forgive me at times... and love me forever!

Love,
Mom

5 comments:

Chris said...

What a beautiful letter!! Every mom knows that the phrase "love at first sight" is so true...it happens the minute they place that baby in your arms and it never goes away {even when they are 16 and saying everything is "gay" and back talking and irritating their siblings beyond belief, but then you check on them at night before you go to bed and see them in bed, sound asleep, with their size 13feet hanging off the end of their bed cause their 6'3" body is too long for their mattress...and you fall in love with them all over again}!! It's amazing!Enjoy the journey...MOM!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing those sweet thoughts and feelings. You and Cameron are not the only ones to see the miracle that is Cole! I am so grateful to have been a part of your journey thus far and look forward to much much more.
Love you.
Em

Amy said...

Shayna, what a beautiful post. I had tears running down my eyes the entire time. You are such a wonderful person and Cole is so lucky to have you as a Mother. I can't even express how happy I am for you and Cameron.

Stacey said...

Ohh, that is so sweet, something that he will cherish forever. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to be a mom! Love you!

Amy said...

That is so sweet and wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing this with us all! I'm so happy for you and Cameron!! Little Cole is so beautiful and a blessing to so many people!!

Love you!