Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st day of school... 2010

Where did the summer go?!?!
Courtney and Derek started school today.

Courtney is a BIG WIG 9th Grader! She is in high school. Here in Utah the 9th Graders are still in the Junior High but everything counts as if they were in High School. I asked her how her first day was and she said AWESOME! I love all my teachers and all my classes. I really wanted to get that on video so in a couple of months when grades come and and she starts complaining and making excuses then I will replay that message and ask her what changed. She said her favorite classes are English (what... I hated English) and Seminary. Would that be because the cutest boys are in those classes. Should I be nervous that she keeps talking about this boy named Kaden? "Kaden this" "Kaden that"... "Kaden wasn't at school today, hope he is there tomorrow!" Oh how I remember turning 14 and 9th grade. How could I forget. That is when life started. You realized that there was fun to be had and boys to be talked too. That is when I even got my first kiss. Shhhh..... it was at a church dance with Chris Zamora, awwwwwwwwww. Don't tell Courtney though, she still has 4 years until that can happen, right!!!!
Notice the shoes... she had to have those shoes~~~

Derek a 3rd grader. We were talking at dinner and I can't remember him as a 2nd grader that is how fast time is whizzing by me!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I CANNOT believe how grown up they both have gotten in the 4 years we've known you guys!! It's amazing to me!! Courtney is so beautiful!!! and Derek is so handsome!!!