Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend...TOMATO PLANTS

We haven't done much this holiday weekend. With Courtney's birthday and Cameron needing to work on Saturday we stayed around the house. With that we were able to get a lot of the yard work done that needed to be done. The weeding and just picking up things. After Cameron got home from work on Saturday we all got in the car and went to Home Depot. I got this brilliant idea that I wanted to grow tomato plants. With our landscape we didn't plan on any room for a garden. (with gas and grocery prices we may have to rethink the yard and make some necessary room...uggg) So I thought of the idea to get some pots and plant the tomatos in the pots. I hear they don't do as well in just pots. I am hoping to bring the education that Cameron has and put it to good use. We got two different types of plants. One that works well in the pot called Patio Tomato and then the large juicy ones...Red Beefsteak Tomato. We will see which one works the best. I will keep you updated on the planting progress... here are a couple of pictures



Cameron making sure I did it right... Derek had to add his suggestions as well!!!

***Patio Tomato ______***Red Beefsteak


3 comments:

Amy said...

I've wanted to plant a garden as well..but the pot thing sounds great!! (that sounds funny) Hey...I love your blog layout!! Where did you find it??

susette said...

I love tomatoes!! Nothing is better than a home grown tomato on a piece of homemade whole wheat bread and a little mayonnaise, and some salt and pepper. I can almost taste it now and feel the juice running down my arms. Heehee I am glad you got some tomato plants going there. If something happens and they don't produce like you want then come on over. We put 12 plants in the ground this year. I usually have oodles and oodles.

Anonymous said...

We did the same thing this year. We also planted strawberries in a long skinny pot. they are growing like crazy! Just wish I could keep emma from picking all the blooms off!