Yesterday in Relief Society we had the lesson "The Great Plan of Salvation" and the very last paragraph in the lesson is what I really want to focus on this week.
Eliza R. Snow recorded: "Joseph Smith said he did not care how fast we run on the path of virtue. Resist evil, and there is no danger; God, men, and angels will not condemn those that resist everything that is evil, and devils cannot; as well might the devil seek to dethrone Jehovah, as overthrow an innocent soul that resists everything which is evil."
One of the councelors in the relief society made an awesome comment that I have been thinking about all yesterday and today. It doesn't matter how fast we are running on the path of virtue as long as we are on the path of virtue. I need to take one day at a time and just do something each day that puts me on that path. If I break it up one day at a time it doesn't seem so overwhelming. I have been back on the weight loss track lately. I have to set daily goals, weekly goals, and monthly goals. I can't accomplish my goal of weight loss in just a few days. It takes time and effort. Same with the gospel. I need daily, weekly and monthly goals... but then add yearly and eternal goals to that. I wont reach perfection in a week...a month or even this lifetime... but I just need to be on the path and everyday take a step towards my goals that I have set!
That is just something that has been on my mind... so I needed to write it down so I can reread it and remind myself... baby steps... it isnt a sprint to the end! I need to ask myself..."Am I on the path of virtue today?"


2 comments:
You continue to amaze me. You ae so insightful and so in tune. Thank you for being my friend
Thanks for that, I really needed to read that today. Everything takes time and hard work, I just need to make little changes everyday to stay on my path of virtue. I missed walking with you today!
Jamie
Post a Comment