I was so excited for St. Patricks Day this year!!
It was the first year since I have been married to Cameron that we had the kids for
St. Patricks Day.
I have wanted to continue the tradition that my mom started with the whole
"GREEN DINNER"
and this is the first year that I was able to do it.
If you know my family you know that they are VERY picky eaters so I couldn't do the traditional Corn Beef, or Shepard's Pie. I had to get creative in making this traditional green dinner.
I went to the store and walked up and down the isles trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Well I happened to see "green" tortellini. So the ideas started to flow, I got Alfredo sauce and died it green, green salad, made rolls with green butter, green pears, and green Kool aid, topped it off with green sugar cookies.
Decorated the table with shamrock plates and everything else as green as I could get it. It was really cute.
I then waited and waited for the kids to get home to see the surprise on their faces.
Derek comes running in knowing that I was up to something (I think dad told him) and he was shocked. He couldn't believe that everything was green even down to the pears. I then asked where Courtney was and they told me that she stayed at her mom's house because she was feeling sick and didn't want to give it to Cole. She is always thinking of others, what a sweetheart. Well after that I was a little disappointed that she was missing out on my
"GREEN DINNER" that I forgot to get the camera out and take pictures.
Oh well, until next year.
And believe me I have to do a green dinner next year because Derek has already come up with BRILLIANT ideas for the dinner. He wants green beans, broccoli, green rolls, green potatoes, he was trying to figure out anything he could die green we would eat. And he said that he is in charge of it! So even if we don't have the kids on St. Patricks Day I will make a green dinner around the same time.
Well because I was so excited for the holiday this year Cole even got into the spirit of things. We got him a little green outfit that was so cute.
I wanted this blog to be about EVERYONE and not just Cole, but you guys are going to have to just see pictures of Cole. I will post pictures of Courtney and Derek this weekend.

Mom and Cole, getting ready to go to a St. Paddy's Luncheon
What is he looking at, I love the look on his face
Look at those eyes, who wants to guess at what color they will be???
He LOVES to stretch after he gets done sleeping
Gotta love those cheeks!!!


1 comment:
oh my word...he is just so cute! :) I can't wait to see him!! I think he looks like Derek! And Mabree a little bit too..if that's possible to look like both! :) We are coming down the first week in April...would LOVE to see you and little Cole!
Post a Comment