For the past couple of months I have been eating oatmeal every morning. I am sure all of you know that you can only eat oatmeal for so long until you can't gag it down anymore. Well with talking to a friends of mine... I know have another choice. You all should try it! It takes a little while to prepare at first. I went to the grocery store today and got the "fresh" fruits that I enjoy. Today was strawberries, banana's, pineapple, and red grapes. When you get home... wash them, and cut them up into pieces (even the banana) I put it is a freezer bag and freeze them. So that is the preparation.
In the morning...
1 cup of the frozen fruit (the frozen fruit adds the slush aspect)
1 tbsp Psyllium Husk Fiber (true form of fiber)
1/2 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 cup of water/ice
(ice if you want more slush or if you have fresh fruit)
(you can add a form of soy protein if you want)
Blend it up... and you have a great fruit shake with the fiber you need.
I hear you can put 1/2 cut apple juice or honey but I don't
Don't let it fool you... the fiber expands and fills you up and keeps you full!!!
If any of you have any other healthy alternatives to OATMEAL... share them. Or any other recipes... for that matter!
4 weeks ago


2 comments:
You are such a littl health nut! I really need to be, so, I am going to try your little recipe! Thanks!
Hi Shayna, I am Cameron's cousin on his Dad's side and I found your blog off of my mom's blog. (edna henke)
I just tried steel cut oatmeal for the first time today and it is really good if you are looking for a little change in regular oatmeal. It is a little chewier and my kids loved it. The only downside is it has to cook for 30 minutes.
Also, we have been eating baked oatmeal, which I love, but it is not exactly a healthy version of it. I have been meaning to post the recipe on my blog, but I would be happy to email it to you if you want it.
Post a Comment