Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall hike to Stewart Falls.....

It was a really busy day yesterday. I was suppose to go on a walk for a cure of Diabete's but time just didnt fit right in the day. I feel really bad but I am sure Amy had a great turn out. The beginning of the day we had to help Cameron's brother Dave's fiancee move from Sugarhouse to Draper. She is going to be staying there until they get married Nov. 15th! We are all excited to have Amy in the family! She is such a sweetheart! Dave is a lucky man. Then from the moving Cameron and I had to go water a couple of his jobs that he is working on. Then the fun began. We decided to take a "short" hike up Stewart Falls in Provo Canyon to take Amy and Dave's engagement pictures. The fall colors were all out and it was so gorgeous! I love the canyon this time of year. We are blessed to live so close to such beauty. When we (Cameron, me, Dave, Amy, Trent, Candice and Blake) got to the parking lot there was a big debate about the trail we should take. Well we trusted Cameron's "short cut" and it was a great adventure! When we finally got on the main trail Dave, Amy and I would stop along the way and take pictures. I was so proud of little Blake he hiked by himself almost the WHOLE WAY. He wanted to do the walking with no help. Way to go little buddy! I didnt realize that towards the end of the hike it got really rocky. I didnt bring my good hiking shoes or my ankle brace so my ankle got hammered! But once we got there it was all worth it. It was gorgeous! Here is a slide show of our journey! Unfortunately I was behind the camera so you wont see any pictures of me... but I was there!!!

3 comments:

susette said...

What a fun day! Mark and I have done that before with getting on a wrong trail in the mountains. It's such a headache. Paved trails REALLY TRULY are the only way to hike in nature. The pictures are pretty and it's so exciting to have another girl join the family. Congratulations to the both of them.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

How fun!!! I always tell David that when I got old and senile, to just put me on a trail in the mountians and don't follow me!! I love the mountains! Fall is the best time of year to hike I think!

Amy said...

We had a great time for our first year at the STEP OUT event!!! We are sorry we missed you guys!! Next year Team Woolery will be even bigger and better!! Thanks for your support!!

I'm glad you had a great time with you hubby....we drove the loop last week and it was gorgeous...glad you got to see it!!