I was just looking at my friends blog who has Diabetes. She was diagnotised when she was 19 at Ricks college. She is now lived with the diabetes for 13 1/2 years... she is happily married with the most adorable little boy who is diabetes free.
Amy told me about Step out to Fight Diabetes. On Sept 27th we will go and walk for a cure. I felt so good when I did the Race for a Cure for breast cancer. Well this is just as important. So I have decided to support Amy in her fight. She made a great comment on her blog...
she said..."If you are reading this you most likely know ME and therefore YOU are affected by DIABETES!! (and I'm sure I'm not the only one you know!!) Please help! Please SUPPORT me and the search for a CURE!! They are so close...I'm living proof of that!!
So I want to support Amy and I know there are many out there that knows someone who struggles with this. So if you are one of them... wake up on a beautiful fall morning and come walking with us! If you support me you support Amy. It is free to walk but you can also sponsor Amy by donating to this great cause.
Click on the link below and sign up to walk or donate!
Her team name is TEAM WOOLERY
She is also walking in honor of her cousin, Tiffany Knudsen, who passed away last year at the age of 33 due to many complications from her years and years of struggling with diabetes!!
Come enjoy a walk for a GREAT cause!


3 comments:
Thanks Shayna!! You are awesome!! I'm so glad you will be joining me!! Hope you had a good weekend!! Love ya!
Hey Shayna I may be there but, for my neice so maybe I will see you around!!!! Hope you are well sorry I'm not doing bunco that is a long crazy ridiculious story that hopefully someday will change? Have fun and maybe I will see you all at the walk.
I would be there in a heart beat if I could. I wil be rootin' for
ya from Shelley!! You are awesome...always helping and supporting others! The scrapbook is comin' along...I though of some cute things!!
Post a Comment