Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Thanksgiving week....

It is amazing how much we put into this week! Aren't holidays suppose to be relaxing! YEAH RIGHT. Cameron's sister and her family drove all the way from Georgia for Thanksgiving. We were all so excited to see them. Courtney and Derek were counting down the minutes until they saw their cousins. Monday Cameron and I went out to dinner with his whole family. His sister had some places she was been dying to eat at. I guess they just dont have Mexican Food in Georgia like they do here.

Then Tuesday Cameron had a friend and his family come and visit. We figured it out... they hadn't seen each other for over 10 years. They were neighbors growing up. I have heard all the stories of the trouble that Cameron got in as a kid and it was a lot of fun to put the face to the name I have been hearing all these years. Cameron is excited to be back in contact with him. We are excited to plan future things with them. Then Wednesday we went swimming at the Lehi Legacy pool and then had a family game night at our house.... Here is Aunt Susette help this little guy out. He totally thought he was playing the guitar along with Rockband. It wouldn't be a family game night without the Rockband coming out. We all had a blast!
Then from the game night at our house came Thanksgiving Day! Cameron went to the ward Turkey Bowl... he was the Quarterback on the Young Mens/Advisor Team. I hear from everyone he did awesome.. but he got creamed! His shoulder is still out of wack. I guess flag football can get dangerous! He said he had a great time. Then we went over to his moms house for dinner. We haven't had Thanksgiving with his side of the family for a couple of years... so it was fun to see everyone who came.
(All Grandma Fishers Grandchildren.... two on the way)
I really missed my family. It just isn't Thanksgiving without my moms cooking. She goes above and beyond with preparing the food and the table decorations. I think Derek and Courtneys favorite part was the pie... can you tell...???? After some game playing and catching up on old times... we decided to take the kids to the movie. Now remember we started to plan this adventure about 4ish... and the movie started at 5:40... so we left about 5 and when we got there we all realized that in Utah, Thanksgiving day you cant just decide to go to the movie an hour before. It was totally sold out.
(Here are the kids really excited to see Bolt).
Ok.... then after Thanksgiving day I thought it would be a lot of fun to brave the Black Friday crowds. Well we decided to brave them at Walmart... what were we thinking! My friend Jenn who is pregnant was the one that got trampled. Who would think it would be such mass confusion for a camera! I got what I wanted and we had a great time. Something I will never forgot. I miss going with my mom and sisters... I hear they got some good deals too! Will I do it again... I would say "NO" today but ask me next year... I will probably be out and about getting the bargins... are they really a bargin! Who knows!
Now that it is Sunday... can I have a nap!

4 comments:

susette said...

Thanks for the fun evening at your cozy home Shayna. It was fun being with family just hanging out and visiting.

Russ and Jamie said...

Sounds like a busy week! You are brave to go shopping, I went one year and swore I would never do it again!
Jamie

Jenn said...

Thanks again for the shopping adventure!!! Did you get your nap?

Judi said...

So glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!
Even though it was crazy, I did have just a little fun Friday morning :0)
Thanks for the company♥♥