Saturday, February 13, 2010

38 1/2 wks and COUNTING...

So here is the update....
Went to my appointment last Thursday. For a week before that appointment I was really feeling like I would deliver this little guy Friday the 12th... well as you can tell by the date on this post that has come and gone. It is now Saturday the 13th. Let me explain how determined I was to have this little guy. At my appointment I had my membranes stripped. People were telling me how painful this was. I wasn't in any kind of pain what so ever. So I thought that my Dr didn't really do it. But after about an hour I started to get a little crampy so I knew that something was done. That night I made Cameron take me to the mall so I could walk. When we got there... you would think I was in an Olympic event... pregnant speed walking. About half way around the mall I started to get this pain down in my pelvic area and contractions. I was sooooo excited! So I just kept going and going and going. Not realizing I was just causing damage. The contractions weren't getting stronger or closer together so we decided to call it a night. By the time we got home I couldn't even get out of the car I was so sore. Yesterday was a joke even trying to walk around let alone going up and down my stairs. So I call the Dr to see if I put Cole into any danger and the nurse said I should be fine... that it was Round Ligament Syndrome and I just irritate it. Her exact words were....
Lets just take it a little slower because "You aren't a spring chicken anymore!"
RUDE, at this point the way I am feeling, I don't need a nurse to tell me that! But with that phone call she said that the Dr's wanted to move my appointment to Monday instead of Thursday. Back at my appointment on Thursday I had high blood pressure. It wasn't in the dangerous zone yet... but very close 138 over 88 and that I had some protein in my urine. So they want to keep an eye on my pressures. So I start to do my research and it looks like I am at the start of Toxemia.


I could of guessed this... just take a look at the picture below...
what do you think...

This is a picture of one of my ankles and foot. This was taken this morning before it gets bad. Went over to a friends house last night and we were laughing because it looked like a water wienie!

OH, the joys of being pregnant.

So getting back to my appointment this coming Monday. They are checking me again and if things are still progressing to Toxemia then they will probably send me over to see if Cole is ready to make his presence into this world. Lets all hope he is. There are so many people that are waiting for his arrival.

So who out there has had Toxemia with their pregnancies? How does it effect delivery, and post delivery. How does it effect the baby?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

You said it - the joys of pregnancy. hehe. I hope that you'll be able to have him soon, it's nice to be finished. Love ya!

Stacey said...

Ohh, and PS I wanted to make a guess as to date, weight, etc. Okay....my guess is 8 lbs. 21 inches...and date? Let's see...cutting it kind of close now, aren't I? February 18th! Come on Cole! We're so excited to see yous!

Russ and Jamie said...

I had toxemia with Jaxon. I totally feel your pain...at delivery I was hooked to a magnesium iv drip and had to be hooked up for 24 hours after delivery. That was not fun, it made me feel really sick but Jaxon was just fine and so was I after a few days. Let me know if you need anything!
Jamie Loveless

Amy said...

I had pre-eclampsia with Drew...which is the same as toxemia...they just never called it that for me.

Anywho...Drew was fine just had to come 4 weeks early, but you're past that so he should be fine! I had the mag IV drip before deliver and the first day after...yuck! With the drugs from my C-section I was pretty sick for the first night. I was taken off the mag and then a couple days later put back on it and had to stay in the hospital 6 very long days!!! As I 'm sure you've read the toxemia can cause seizures in you....not to scare you but when I found that out I wasn't as mad about having to go back on the mag...just better obviously for my health!! So be careful! I'm also the type of person who's BP rises when worried, etc. so every time the nurse would wheel in the BP machine I think mine would go up!! It was very frustrating and a little scary!

I bet they will start you tomorrow after your appointment if your BP is still high....but if you have a bad headache before then you should call the dr.

Love you, can't wait to hear that you've gone into full-fledged labor!!!!!!

Tracy Anderson said...

Your situation sounds just like mine with my last one. I had high BP and protein in my urine too. They decided to induce me 2 1/2 weeks early to be safe. I had to spend the night in the hospital with the cervical jelly to get me ready and then they started the inducement the next morning. Everything turned out fine and I had her that afternoon. I hadn't progressed into toxemia so they let me go home after one day in the hospital. So since you are so close to your due date they will probably have you do the same thing I did. It's nice because you will miss the last two weeks which are the worst ones by far!

I hope everything goes well. You should really take it easy the next few days though because you don't want to push your body into full blown toxemia. Good luck!

KFerrara said...

I had pre-eclampsia with Hannah at 27 weeks... It came on suddenly - I felt sick, rash, headache, 4+ level protein in my urine, very high BP, etc. I went to the Dr that night after work and they immediately sent me to the hospital. They were hoping to keep me pregnant for 2 weeks but my body wouldn't allow it - I had gone in on a Tuesday night and delivered emergency c-section - Thursday at midnight!
Hannah was affected more than me... We experienced the first 4 months of her life in the NICU and almost lost her a couple of times!
With Sammie they made me go on bedrest at 25 weeks - I could only work 5 hours a day and the other hours of the day had to be spent in bed resting! Luckily I showed NO signs of pre-eclampsia with Sammie, but I had a 60% chance of it happening again with my 2nd pregnancy.
Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy... I'm so excited to hear about his arrival!