I recently got back in contact with my best friend back about 20 years ago. She lived right up the street from me in Albuquerque, NM. We had so much fun when we were younger. We have been emailing back and forth for the past week doing the whole remember when's. With that came out the old scrapbooks. I haven't looked at those for years. It is sad, the older I get the more I foget. Shiloh remembers things that I don't and I remember things that she doesn't.
Oh the good old days....
This is a picture of my surprise 16th birthday party that my mom had all planned. I don't remember how I found out about it... but I had to do the whole pretend I was surprised when it all happened. In the picture is Me with my awesome perm... my friend Shiloh, my friend Cheri and Amy. 
Here I am opening my presents. I always hated the attention on my. I am that way to this day. I sure miss that house in Albuquerque. I was sitting on this rock fireplace. It had a whole rock bench... I remember when I would watch Miss America, I would walk up and down that bench waving at my family pretending I was just crowned Miss America. Look at the TV... I remember thinking that
was a huge TV... and the big brick of a VCR.
This picture is with my most favorite YW's advisor. She was amazing. I loved that lady so much. When I think back at the people that influenced my life... Julie was at the top of the list. My good friend Cheri, and here is a better picture of that awesome perm. I remember when I got that perm. I stayed home from school for a week because I looked like Annie. I cried myself to sleep for several nights.
OK... that was a lot of fun to go down memory lane. I should make this a TAG and tag people to open up their scrapbooks to when they were 16 and scan in the pictures. We all would love to see where you all were back in the day. My friend Shiloh said she is going to send over a few more pictures... so I will add to this post when I get them... so stay tuned!!!
Cameron is a little jealous that I posted this picture... Should he be....come on!
SO I TAG....AMY W, JENN, JUDI, CHRIS R, MELISSA B... any anyone else who wants to do it!!!


2 comments:
I will do this as soon as you come over and show me how to scan a picture.
Love the hair
Shayna,
Shouldn't you have asked my permission to post those scary pictures from the late 80's early 90's. Yikes. I do love the perm. I don't remember thinking you looked like Annie, but now that you mention it... I do love that rock fireplace of yours, oh all the memories....
How fun to hear from Shiloh. What is she up to ?
Post a Comment