Friday, February 25, 2011

Guess who has a BIRTHDAY...


You can NEVER GUESS WHO TURNED

1
TODAY!!!!!!

My little Cole Bear....
Oh just looking back on this year brings tears to my eyes.  My little guy is growing up so fast and I know it is impossible to stop time. 




We has a birthday party for him last weekend.  I wanted my family members who could make it come down for it and this was the weekend that most of them could make it!  It was such a great weekend having some of my brothers and sisters there along with Grandma Black.

I knew with all of Cameron's family and my family and the friends we wanted there to share Cole's birthday with him that it was going to be a crowd.  My first thought was to have the birthday party at the church so it wouldn't be so crowded but I was talked out of it and we had it at our house.  Lets just say that there really wasn't much room to move. 
Well Cole is a lot like him mom and doesn't like a lot attention on him so when it came to opening presents with everyone around him he really wanted nothing to do with it!!
I am sure when he gets the concept that there are toys under that paper that he will forget all about people watching him.

  Here he was pushing a present away...
What a STINK!

Finally warming up to the idea!!!

When I started thinking of what kind of theme I wanted for his birthday I saw this Old McDonald Theme and I fell in love with it!  So I had to think of how I would make his cake and with searching on the Internet this is what I came up with...
MISTER COW CAKE!!!
 Mom and Dad got Cole the Little People Farm which made for an adorable center piece!  Then I made cupcakes for everyone else!!!
It was cute how everyone kind of added to the theme with their presents.  Grandma Black bought him this rocking horse that you can see next to the table.  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  You push his ears and he rocks, makes galloping sounds, nays, and even wags his tail!
SO CUTE!!!!

 Funny story about these balloons.  He was PETRIFIED of these balloons for some reason.  Every time he got close to them he held on tighter and wanted nothing to do with them.  Well we kept them around for several days after the party and by the end of the balloons lives, he was obsessed with them.  He couldn't get enough of the balloons!  Whenever he came into the room that he knew they were in that is what he wanted and he would do anything in his power to get to those balloons!

Then came the CAKE TIME...
all you have to do is take a look of his face to realize how that went over...

A little daring here....

Dad shoved his hand in the cake (Yes Dad was there even though there is no proof of him) and he hated that!!!

"ITS MY PARTY AND I CAN CRY IF I WANT TO....
and he did, believe me!

Yep, you guessed in right into the hair!!!

Don't mind my face... I guess I was trying to convince him that it was
sooooooooooo GOOD!!!
He still didn't buy it as he was pushing away the cake !
He is the light of my life... what a joy it has been to have him come into our family!  He has grown so much and has gotten so big! 
 I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!



1 comment:

Christy said...

I LOVE all the pictures. He's so stinkin' cute I can't hardly stand it ! Love how it all came together, the cake, table, balloons. GOOD JOB !