Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 5... AT SEA

Day 5....
THE LAST DAY ON THE BOAT

It was a pretty lazy day for Cameron and I.  We took full advantage of the relaxation part of a cruise.  The kids went to their own "Clubs" and had a blast.  Derek making crafts, playing games, seeing a magician, learning out the fold towel animals and of course the farewell party.  He thought he was so awesome being able to stay up until midnight with out his parents.
Courtney hung out with friends, did a scavenger hunt, hung out with friends, hung out with friends, flirted, hung out with friends... and of course attended her farewell party!  I am so grateful that they both stepped outside their "BOX" and pushed their comfort zone A LOT and realized that there is life to be lived and friends to meet.  I really think this cruise has helped them both in that!!

I didn't take a lot of pictures this day just because Cameron and I slept a lot of the day and Courtney had my camera taking pictures of all her "NEW" friends. 


 This was us waiting for dinner and just wasting time....


 Our last dinner with our waitress and waiter.  We loved those guys.
The kids and I got to hear Cameron speak Tagalog and hear all about the Philippines. 
I loved the way Rachel said the Philippines.... Pillappines
Such a cutie!!!



 This is how Courtney was depicting how she felt after all the events of the cruise...

Towel Animal...

SEA LION!!!

What great memories that we all have walked away with from this cruise.  The kids have experienced things that a lot of adults haven't had the opportunity to experience.  We were able to introduce different cultures to them.  They realize now how much they both have and I think they are a little more grateful for what they have been given!
I think we will be doing a lot more Christmas's like this! 
We will never forget this journey!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad you guys were still able to go after your first boat caught on fire!! What great memories!