Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another GOAL to shoot for....

OK OK OK... I have to admit that with this whole weightloss goal of mine, I have been slacking just a little. Especially through the holiday weekend. How could I turn down yummy BBQ food, salads, desserts and of course the junk food. So as of right now I am making a new goal. I did really really good on my goal for the Memorial Day. I was wanting to lose 15lbs but with a lot of hard work on my part I came up a little bit short. I lost 12lbs so I can't complain.
It really helped last time putting it out there for everyone to know about so that they help me keep on track. So feel free to email me or send a comment asking my how I am doing... I wont get offended and I would really really appreciate it actually.
So here is my goal... it is a little HIGH, but I would rather reach for the moon but land on the stars. That is a quote I tell Courtney!
10 lbs by August 9th!!!!
We are having our Family Reunion then and with that comes a FAMILY PICTURE. We are all getting together for this picture. I am really sad to say that we haven't taken a family picture (just Cameron, Me, Courtney and Derek) since mine and Camerons engagement pictures. I am always behind the camera. So I want to be down 10 lbs for that picture. This is the picture that I am going to blow up and put on my living room wall. So I want to look GOOD!!
Then the goal doesn't stop there. I want another
10 lbs by my birthday.
September 10th.
If I meet that goal or I guess come within a couple of pounds I get my shopping spree for my birthday. Cameron said I could of had it back in May when I came really close to the last one but who wants to buy clothes when you still have weight to lose.
So that is my target and help me reach it!!!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

You can do it!!! Keep us updated and we will definately cheer you on!! Are you or have you tried a specific diet plan or just will power. I have no willpower. I eat something sweet, need something salty, then I need something sweet, then salty...get the picture! Such a vicious cycle. Besides I'm waiting for the invention of that "magic pill" that will just melt it away!! :0) Till then you'll be my inspiration and motivation!! GO SHAYNA!!
Ellen Degeneres said....
"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." :) HA! HA! HA!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Do you mind a little company? I really have been tryin to loose the last of my baby fat, and it seems like I get going and then quit. Maybe if I had a weight loss buddy, I would do better! August 9th? We can keep each other motivated!!!

The Batty Bunch said...

Shayna,
So introductions are needed for this comment. I am Liz with ESP Excavation, were Cameron buys topsoil for work. Crazy enough I found your cute little blog through Jess and Andy Dollars blog. I went to school with Andy, here in American Fork. It is a small world for sure. I saw Henke on their blog links and about died because its not a common name. Thanks for letting me peek into your darling family. PS I gave Cameron a bad time and asked him how he got such a cute wife. ;) He is a dork most the time around here but I'm sure its because he is with Eric or Jamie when he comes in. visit us any time at our blog. BTW I'm right here with U on the 10lb thing. U can do it! :)
Liz Batty

susette said...

Good for you girl. I so wish I had the motivation to get some pounds off. The goodies just seem to keep creeping in to the house. How does that happen? I know how. It's cuz I have kids who love goodies. We have frozen chocolate cake and cheesecake and then Jordan decides he needs to make brownines, I don't get that? I always think that if I had a contest with someone that would work but the stakes never seem to be high enough to motivate me. Maybe if someone offered a cruise or trip somewhere? oh well, wishful thinking :) So here I sit. Actually I did get up early and played 3 intense games of racquetball so that's something. Have a great day!! So how is the progress going? You wanted us to ask so I am.