We decided to jump in the car on Saturday and go up the canyon and got see Cascade Springs. It was a lot of fun. We all agreed that we need to get out more into the mountains and the country and just see what is out there. It was amazing that in just 30 minutes we were in the most beautiful landscape. It is kinda sad that we take what beauty we have here in Utah for granted.
It is also really nice to have a landscape designer as your guide. Cameron was pointing out all the different plants, trees and even the weeds. It is amazing how much this guy knows. It was funny when he pointed out "Stinging Netle" how nervous Derek got. You can see in all of the pictures he was walking with his arms crossed because he didnt want to even come close to the weed. It didnt matter how many times we had to tell him that he was going to be fine... he is just a nervous little guy. Does anyone know how to break that??
They had a fire up there several years ago and you can still see the damage it caused. There is new growth but the burnt trees are still there. It was a lot of fun to just walk around and be together as a family enjoying what Heavenly Father left for us to enjoy. It doesnt matter what state we are from, I am sure that if we walked out our front door and opened our eyes to the beauty around us we would be surprised and what we would find.
(I have really gotten into digi scrapping this is my creations. Like I said I have BARELY gotten into so I am still learning. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.)
(I have really gotten into digi scrapping this is my creations. Like I said I have BARELY gotten into so I am still learning. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.)


7 comments:
Wow, looks like you had a lot of fun, I'll have to take Juan up there sometime. I love going up canyons and mountains!
What a great adventure! And I am so loving the scrapbook stuff!! I dropped a few "subtle" hints for it for my birthday!! Courtney and Derek are the cutest kids!!!
How fun!! Isn't weird how in just a few miles the scenery can change I can't believe how big Courtney and Derek are getting. And please....next time you're here will you please teach me how to do that digital scrapbook stuff! Seriously, I am a computer idiot!! Maybe you can teach me in November if we do the movie thing!! I stil need to get started on the books. Anyway... your pages are darling!! I am going to do "A walk down memory lane" thing too...but I want to post a picture with it so you'll have to check my blog out in a few days!! This is do much fun!! I am still so excited we found everyone. Now we need to get Hailey and Myka on the band wagon!!
Have a great night!!
Oh my heck those are so cute! I didn't know you were into scrapbooking too? What don't you do girl? I knew I liked you the very first moment I met you. I'm so glad you are part of this crazy family.
What a fun day in a place I love. It's been years since we've been there. I sure love your blog. I slip over quite often to see how the family is doing. Boy the kids are growing!
Love, Aunt Edna
Love the scrapbook pages!
HOLY COW your pages are really cute! I am really impressed AND its a digital page as well.... That takes TALENT!! Thats great! We need to get my people together with your people...
Post a Comment