Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Derek the Rocker....

A couple of months ago Cameron and I were invited to go and play ROCKBAND at a friends house. To let you all know I am not a gamer and I never have been a gamer. So after much begging on Camerons part we went. Well I have to tell you that I had a blast. It was so much fun. Well with seeing the fun that I had, Cameron jumped at the opportunity to ask if we could buy it. Well of course because I loved it! So we went and purchased the whole game. I would have never guessed that buying this game would open the doors to the instrument world. I have taken a video of Derek playing the drums. I am not sure if any of you know, but Cameron was a drummer back in the day. He played for about 10 years. Well Derek is following in his dads footsteps. I am amazed at the talent that this boy has. The way he can keep the beat. As you watch him play each time he hits one of the colored drums is a note on the TV. He also is hitting the foot peddle! He has now told us that he wants to learn to play the real drums. Cameron couldn't be more proud. So you guessed it, Cameron is online all the time trying to find a drumset! He makes me laugh. Well here is a video of Derek playing the drums. He is the cutest thing ever!!! Courtney has really taken to the guitar. She is at Young Womens right now or I would have gotten a video of her! That will be a future post!


2 comments:

Christy said...

Rock ON !!! WTG Derek

the Braby family said...

I hope your rock band party went well. I'm really sorry I couldn't come. But please invite me again if you have another one! :)