Friday, July 25, 2008

The mile tracker...

I have been noticing all these baby trackers and stuff on other peoples blog. Well since that isn't going to happen anytime soon on our blog I decided to do my own kind of tracker. It is the miles ran tracker. So I can keep track of the miles I ran. It is really a good incentive. You guys can see what I have been doing and you can also see when I have been slacking. So I put it up there yesterday and by this morning (first time I had a chance to sleep in in a LONG time) I layed in bed telling myself I really should be out there running. So I got out of bed and off I went. In our neighborhood you can run the outer circle 4 times and it is a very close 5k. So that is what I did. I have to be honest and say I didnt run the whole 5k but really really close. I atleast run/walk the whole thing, but mostly run!

While I was up in Idaho for the 4th of July Cameron and I both bought some new shoes. I am usually a fan of the Asics Gel shoes but after I tried on the Saucony brand I was sold. It is like running on a cloud. Great support and I loved them.
My hips have hurt a little bit since I have started up running again and with these shoes they dont hurt. I found my new running shoe. You can get them at Famous Footwear, but I found mine at the Shoe Carnival. I have been to their website and have studied up on them. I am a believer! If there is anyone else that would like to get a tracker and run with me. You actually can do you own tracker and track whatever you want. Hours of exercise, miles or hours of walking or biking or whatever! Come join in the fun!~

6 comments:

Chris said...

I am soo proud of you!! You are my inspiration...I always tell my self "I'll wait till the kids are in school to start exercising" or "I'm too tired" or "I don't have time"!! But I'm starting tonight!! And I'm going to copy your cute fitness tracker too!! And a great reason for ME to get some new shoes!! You go girl!!! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

um I dont think so girl! You are nuts!! HEHE I will just watch your tracker! Russ got new shoes yesterday. He got some new balance shoes. His foot turns in a little so they are suppose to be good for that. All I know is those suckers were $90 bucks! CRAZY!

Stacey said...

Hey, that's a cool tracker, I like it! How was your 24th? I hope it was fun! See ya!

Mandie said...

That is a great idea, I need to really get motivated and stick to it. You are looking really good. Keep up the good work. I am going to have to copy the weight tracker that is a good idea. Keep up the good work.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Good idea! I would post a weight loss tracker, but I don't think I want poeple to know that I have gained 1 pound!! ugh!! Way to go you!!!

The Batty Bunch said...

How ironic, I have the very same shoes, LOVE them, I noticed tonight that I need another pair, mine are getting a bit bare, running shoe sdon't last very long for me and my craziness. Keep at it girl, I know without my workout time I am miserable. :)