The other days I came across a blog that was all about reality checks! It really had me thinking the past couple of days. Then today I heard some news that really put it into perspective. How often do we sugar coat our lives because we don't want people around us to know the truth. We try to make ourselves look all put together. We blog about the "good" things but why don't we blog about the "bad" things or complicated things. I am totally guilty!!! Then when we get on facebook or read peoples blogs we compare their lives to ours and then the guilt and self sabotage begins.
How often do we take pictures and before we post them we make sure that in the picture our house looks clean and put together, we only post the pictures of us that make us look our best. Pictures of the kids in their best outfits, faces washed and hair combed. When reading blogs all you read is the stuff that person wants you to read. Do they talk about how just a day before their life and house was in total chaos? So here I go....
Cole is sick, he has a dirty nose, I haven't even got dressed yet. The kitchen still has dishes from yesterday. Our family room is a disaster not to mention the piles of laundry waiting for me to get off my butt to go put it into the washer. We missed Derek's pack meeting last night, Cameron didn't get home until 7... I wasn't it the mood to cook so he had bean and bacon soup with cheese toast. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I have been wanting to lose weight after having Cole... but I am totally lacking motivation (that is another post in its self) I should be seeing the scale get smaller but every time I stand on it... it seems to be getting bigger! That is nobody's fault but my very own. My bed isn't made, I haven't vacuumed in over a week. I am happily married but we aren't perfect. I frustrated Cameron and he frustrates me. I need to work on all aspects of my life... spiritual, physical, emotional and personal.
So here is the purpose to this blog... lets have our own reality checks... realize that EVERYONE has their struggles. Everyone has ups and downs. Lets try to not make others feel inadequate.
LETS BE REAL!!!
LETS LIVE "REAL" LIFE!!!
LETS HELP OTHERS FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEIR LIFE!!!
4 weeks ago


4 comments:
WTG I totally agree with your post. We always post about the good stuff giving off a false impression. Thanks for giving me some thinking food.
Definitely food for thought! Thanks for the post...I love you ALL the time no matter what...and am so like you. I'm glad to know this about you!! :)
I hate that I feel the need to make excuses for my son's messy hair, or why I'm still in pj's, or why I haven't swept the floor...in three days!!
LOVE THIS POST!!!
I used to teach what was called the "Mother Education" lesson in Relief Society years back. My theory was to teach it as it was. I felt like it was already hard enough to be a mother without having to be held up to a perfect example (that wasn't really perfect). That's the problem with blogs and Christmas letters ... nobody likes to whine and complain so we only send out the good news. When we find we are comparing ourselves to someone else we have to remember that they have to have bad days too ... there is no getting around it.
Post a Comment