Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cole had his two month check up on thursday.
Weight= 12.50lbs 67%
Height= 22.75in 38%
Head= 15.5in 31%
I had all sorts of questions and I really appreciated the Dr. taking the time to answer them for me. I can't believe how big he is getting. He is also so alert and aware of the things around him. I was a little nervous for him. He had no idea what he was in for and I finally understood what mother's meant when they said that they hurt for their child. I knew he was going to be in some pain and that pained me. The nurse asked if I wanted to to stand by him or wait out in the hall. I had a friend tell me to wait in the hall so when it was all over you can come in and be the good guy. So I stood out in the hall right by the door and when she was doing her thing I could tell that Cole was not happy with all the pokes. So after she was done I went over to him and picked him up and snuggled him really tight and he wimpered a little and snuggled me right back. He also received and oral vaccine. Now I want you to think of your most
favorite candy... now try and imagine what it was like to eat that for the very first time. Well that is what this vaccine was to Cole. I have never seen him so excited to have something in his mouth and the rate that he was smacking his lips together. It was hilarious. Even the nurse got a kick out of it. I asked her what it tasted like and she said it was just a sugar water base. It is going to be a blast watching him experience the other GOOD things out there. I guess that is one thing I love about being a mother. The joy of watching him experience something for the first time. Watching him enjoy the small things of life. How much he loves his hands and fingers and how he trys to innertwine them together. How he tries to put his whole hand in hi
s mouth. The thing that melts my heart is when I enter the room, he hears my voice and the instant smile on his face.
Cameron's cousin is blogging for the whole month of May about Mothers. I thought that was a brilliant idea. So I might jump on the bandwagon and make a couple of posts dedicated to our mother's, us as mother's and just the amazing women that have touched our lives. So keep checking back and if you feel so entitled to leave comments about your thoughts and feelings about Mother's I would love it!

2 comments:

Kali said...

you should totally guest post on my blog! email me your thoughts and a picture if you would like. I would love it!
kaliandwade@gmail.com

Amy said...

Cole is so cute!! I'm so happy for you!!