Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July in Idaho...

Cameron and I went up to Idaho on thursday to spend time with my family on the 4th of July. It wasnt the same without Courtney and Derek but I am sure they had a great time with their mom. Courtney was invited by a friend to go see Hannah Montana at the Stadium of Fire in Provo, UT. The 4th of July is tied with Christmas as my favorite holiday. The traditions that my family does is so fun. We all go and watch the Idaho Falls Parade... (which we didn't make this year) Then after the parade we walk into the park and have a HUGE family picnic...

If you know my family we have WAY TOO MUCH food. It was a lot of fun. This was the first time in 4 years that I made this picnic. It was a lot of fun getting back together with cousins, aunts and uncles. Seeing all my cousins kids and seeing how they have all grown so big... here are a couple of pictures.


My older brother Quinn and Sister in law B.J.

THE FACE OFF... My cousins little boy Jake and my sisters little girl Mabry.

All the men and boys decided to make test their skills at a game of football.

Some of the girls doing what we do best... Chitchatting

THE DIRTY FACES OF SUMMER...
Addy Halle

Carter (he got in the mud)

From the picnic we head over to the greenbelt in Idaho falls to sit and wait for the Biggest Firework Display this side of the Mississippi. (that is what we were told this year... over 10 million dollars) Cameron didnt believe me about these fireworks until about 1 minute into the show and then he told me that I was right. He had seen nothing like this before. His first comment after it was all over was..."WOW we have to bring Dave up next year to see this." So, Dave I guess you are coming up with us next year!!!! So is worth the 5 hour wait... During that long wait for the fireworks I was able to spend some time with my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that I kinda have lost contact with over the past couple of years. With kids, marriages and just life you lose that strong bond that we once had. I am so glad that I was able to spend some MUCH needed time just catching up. Thanks Aunt Debbie, Aunt Janet, Uncle Mike, Uncle Ray, Chris, Stephanie, Mandie, and Jaclyn. I love you guys!!! I was going to give you all my email address... here it is shayhenke@hotmail.com


The whole family enjoying each others company. If you look close you can see Cameron in the blue shirt sitting down. My brother in law Bryant in the orange shirt... and everyone else!


This is Brecken watching the fireworks and after it was all done... he let us all know that it was "AMAZING"

Then we had a BBQ at my mom's house today before everyone got in their cars to go home. The kids were loving the fun headbands and necklaces that Grandma Black gave them all.

I took SOOOOOOO many cute pictures of all the kids that I have to make a slideshow so you can see them all. So enjoy the slideshow!

3 comments:

susette said...

what a great celebration you had. When your family is small like mine and we all live close to each other, we just don't do anything exciting. I'm glad you could be with them all having such a great time. Those are memories you will cherish forever.

Stacey said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys had a blast!! That's neat that you were able to spend some time with family you haven't seen for a while! I love getting together with family!

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny we posted almost the exact same thing about the fireworks!! That cracks me up! We always sit in the turn around (up by the bridge) So next year you will have to stop by & say Hi! I love the 4th of July also, something about it makes me think of all the pioneers that crossed the plain in order for us to have the religious freedoms we enjoy today... Congrats on loosing weight PLEASE tell what you are doing (I could use a little help) Since I started my little weight loss I have gained 5 lbs. Pretty nice hu? Maybe we can go walking or work out together sometime!! Give me a call!
Paige