Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Amazing insight through grief and pain...

I was at work yesterday and I noticed that a few of my co-workers were reading this particular blog throughout the day. For some reason I knew that it had touch them in some way or another. Towards the end of the day I had a chance to go in and talk with Curry and she asked if I had read any of the blog that they were reading. I told her I didn't know anything about it and she proceeded to fill me in on the story that they have been reading all about. Some how they stumbled onto a blog from a lady living in Las Vegas. She is some kind of reporter so her words flow amazing through her sadness and tears.

Just a little background and then I will give you the link to go read and get inspired yourself. They had a small little girl named Camille. I don't think they ever said how old she was, or at least I never read that far. Camille was, I would say about 18 months old. They had just purchased a hottub just a few days before. Stephanie (the mother) found her (Camille) drowned in the hottub. She screamed for her husband to take the other girls away and to call 911 while she performed CPR on her daughter. Camille fell into a coma and was put on life support. Just a couple days later after much prayer and fasting the family decided to take her off of life support. Here is the words of Stephanie (the mother)


Sunday, June 15, 2008
Camille Kathleen Waite

by Stephanie
Thank you all for your prayers. I have felt their strength today. I will be brief in this post.

We removed the ventilator today just after 4 p.m. today. With the tubes removed I was able to hold Camille's limp heavy body and rock her for a few minutes. Jon then took a turn holding her. It was extremely peaceful. She took a couple of scatter shallow breaths and quickly let go of her last physical tie to this earth. The doctors called the time of her death at 4:15 p.m. We were able to hold her and bath her and be with her little body till 6 p.m.

We will hold a memorial service at the LDS Church on Tropicana at Burnham (just west of Eastern) on Saturday at 9 a.m. No one should feel obligated to come but anyone who would like to is welcome. It will be simple and short- 30 minutes at most I hope. There will be no viewing.

Please be at peace. We are. Our sorrow, which knows no bounds, comes in waves crashing over us, but we do feel peace. In the great plan of our Father, All is Well.

"And should we die, before our journeys though, All is well All is well." Come Come Ye Saints

Thank you again for your faithful fasting, prayers, and support. It is needed and felt.

Stephanie


How strong and amazing is that women... her testimony unshattered.
Here is another quote from Stephanie..

I have always said it would be easier to lose a child in physical death than in spiritual death. I still maintain that for me, this is easier. Trials ... we all have them. They are all hard ... relatively speaking

WOW... it set me back, it made me ponder for the remainder of the day... How is my testimony, how strong am I. It made me realize of all the important things that I have and to stop just living life. We all have trials placed before us. Heavenly Father knows are strength, do we? Do we rely on the Lord through those trials. Since he knows our strength do we trust in him? Do we reach for his hand and grasp his gospel? In Stephanie's blog you read about her testimony and the strength that she gathers from that testimony. In the midst of tragedy she is doing her missionary work. Let people know who will read her blog from all over the world where she pulls her strength from. I am so lucky that I can pull my strength from the same source and that is our Father in Heaven. I know his plan for all of us. That is the only way that I could continue on living without of child and that is knowing that I will see him or her again, that this life isn't the end. Camille had a purpose for coming, if only to strength then family she came here to love. Tragedy happens, trials happen, how do we react? It can be so easy to put a blame on a tragedy. How much better off are we if we dont waste our time blaming but looking for the good in all things.

Take a look at this families blog and I promise you, you will be changed forever!

http://www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Thanks Shayna! Like I have said before, you always have something that inspires me! From running for a cure, to your tomatoe plants, to your testimony of journaling! You have really enhanced my life. Thank you!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

I really didn't mean to spell "tomato" wrong! Oops!

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing. That is so sad. It is amazing to me how strong people can be even with the gospel.