Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Courtney is growing up WAY to fast...

Courtney got braces today!!!!!

She was soooooo excited! I cant believe how old she is getting. Next thing I will know is that we are taking them off and she has started to date! What is all that about?
Well the best part of being an Orthodontic Assistant is that I can terrorize Courtney with the camera while I work on her. So here is the step by step process!!!
Courtney before the braces... can you see the excitment in her face... You are probably wondering why we are putting braces on when she still doesn't have her canine's. Well we actually have to make some room for those. We are glad that she got her mothers gene's when it comes to teeth. Let just hope that Derek is as lucky!


This is the process everyone hates. Is this bring back memories to all of you that have experienced the pure enjoyment of braces. Stephanie, Melissa, Dana... does this is look familiar?

Dr. Y placing the brackets. That is a great shot Courtney!!


Here we are... I am finishing her up. She picked Blue and Red for her colors this time. I never had the choice when I had braces. Does that date me a little bit!!!

There is the brace face... hehe ! You look adorable Courtney.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest,Shayna,

You are such a good Mom! I am amazed at all you do and the time you spend with Courtney and Derek.

You ask a couple of blogs back to comment on memories. I have thought about that a lot, and your request has got me to realize that I have not done a very good job of being a part of many memories and I have neglected a lot of opportunities that I should have taken but didn't because I felt that work or my time was more valuable than anyone else's.

I want to say that I am sorry and your example with you and your wonderful families day to day history and living in your blog, has got me to rethink and refocus my life.

I love you and your family so very much!

Dad

Stacey said...

Cute Cute!! Yes, she is growing up way too fast!!
Love you all!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

ok...that brings back some memories for me!! I had braces for 4 years!!! AAAHHH!! But I don't think I looked as cute as Courtney did though!! She is too cute!!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Oh the memories! I still think I could do a full bond, it may take me a little longer than it used to, but I think I could wing it pretty good!

Chris said...

Courtney, you look too cute!! You are growing up way too fast. Seeing your braces brings back memories for me too, except I had mine on for 5 years cause I wouldn't listen to my orthodontist. But I'm sure with a ortho assistant in the house she won't let you get a way with much :) Cross your fingers, Justin goes in tomorrow for what I hope is his last appt. before he gets his off! Jace also got his on in January and they both have done much better than their mother!! Happy brushin' and flossin'!!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! We are up for that soon with our Masey. YIKES!