Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cover of the Ensign....

When I opened the mailbox today I looked in and with a smile on my face saw the Ensign and the Friend that we recieve every month. I walked into the house and threw the mail on the kitchen table. After getting dinner put in the crockpot I started to walk out of the kitchen when I saw the Ensign again. The front cover was... "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet. That put a smile on my face. So I opened the Ensign and began reading. I was courious to know what was said. I knew that the "world of BLOGGING" would be mentioned. With my last post on my mind and that sweet woman in Las Vegas. I sat and wondered how many people besides myself felt her spirit and drew closer to our Heavenly Father while reading her words. There have been so many other blogs out there as I "Blogstalk" so I hear it called that have touched my life. I am a better person because of the words I have read. With everyone living life day to day and some sharing that life with all of us... we all can grow from one anothers experiences.
While reading the article Elder Ballard mentioned something that is so true he said...

"...You can see how important the "right" words are today. Words recorded on the Internet do not disappear. Any Google or Yahoo! search is going to find one's word, probably for a very long time. You have a great opportunity to be a powerful force for good in the Church and in the world. There is truth in the old adage that "the pen is mighter than the sword." In many cases it is with words that you will accomplish the great things that you set out to do."

I would hope that my words in some way or another or in another time will touch someones life. It might even be me looking back and reading of my experiences or my trials. I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences with me and your daily living of the glorious life!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Shayna - it's Chris...your cousin in Shelley. SURPRISE!! I hope it's okay I found you. I was talking to Jaclyn today at Stephanie's and she said you had a blog and I found you thru her!! Looks and sounds like you are so happy and I am so happy for you :)
As I remembered, you are so thought provoking when you write...I went to that lady's blog and I needed that more than you will ever know. Justin just lost a friend through a very tragic circumstance and I have been searching for words and ways to comfort him, his friends, and the boys mother and it was just what I needed. So I think there was a reson I found you at this time. I miss you and miss talking to you. I'm glad to read you'll be here on the 4th. Again...love and miss you and so glad you all are doing so well!!

Chris said...

P.S. would love to add you to my family link..let me know

Shayna said...

HI Chris... I was so excited to see your comments. I have tried to look for your guys and wondered if you had a blog of your own. I am excited to see that you do! Do you have a family blog as well??? Well I am glad that you received the words and thoughts that you needed. My mom told me about Justins friend. It is heartbreaking! I am excited for the 4th as well. We will be there tomorrow night. Excited to see everyone and get caught up!

Kate said...

I just came across your blog. I just love it. I haven't had a chance to read the Ensign and I agree that we can make a big difference in many ways. It would be so awesome to influence someone's life and help them to have what we have.
BTW I grew up in Lehi. I love it there.