Saturday, July 19, 2008

My little "BUB" not so little!

Well right along with Courtney growing up... so is Derek. We have known for awhile now that Derek has been needing a new bike. He loves to ride his bike around the neighborhood. But he has had this bike for over three years and he is just too big for it. I told him that he has to stop growing, that he needs to stay my little "BUB" forever. He just looked at me like I was nuts.

So on Wednesday we took him to the store and bought him a new bike. Do you remember when we were growing up. Our parents had to save, we have save to get that one special bike that you wanted. Now bikes right along with everything else are disposible. Or is it the world that we have created for ourselves? We live in the world of wants not needs! I guess this is what Derek has saved for from his allowance!
Well back to the buying of a bike... he was sooooooo excited! We found this one at Target and the selling point was that it had a waterbottle. Go figure!! On the way home we talked about what we would do with his old bike. He came up with the idea of giving it to someone that needed it. That has outgrown his bike like he did has. He is such a sweet little guy. He is always thinking of someone else. So we hope that Joey enjoys the bike. Well with the camera going everywhere I go... of course we had to take some fairwell pictures.

OLD BIKE (It is funny in the pictures how much bigger this little bike looks!)

NEW BIKE (waterbottle in the fridge getting cold ;)

FAIRWELL to the old bike


And of course... the scrapbook page!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so darn cute and kind. Cant believe you already have a scrapbook page done. YOu are so funny!

Stacey said...

Wow, congrats on the new bike, buddy!! I'll have to come by and see it sometime! You guys are growing up too fast! I love you!
Love, Aunt Stacey

Anonymous said...

OMG That is the cutest scrapbook page EVER! You are so talented honny! Wow we need to get together sometime and talk...

Russ and Jamie said...

HI Shayna, this is Jamie Loveless, I wanted to talk to you at church today, but never got the chance. You are so talented, when it comes to scrapbooking I am not talented! I need some lessons!! Check out my blog anytime!
Jamie Loveless

Chris said...

Cool bike Derek...and that water bottle will come in handy!! You are such a great little guy to think of others!! Maybe will get down there to see it before you out grow it ;)! And I ditto the others Shayna...cute scarpbook page!! Done with "New Moon"...off to buy "Eclipse" today!! Love them!! Now that I have started reading them we definately need to see the movie!!! I saw a trailer of it on a blog somewhere...looks good!! Have a great day!!